Monday, February 7, 2011

Oh What A Day!

I am officially worn slap out.  One of my student's behavior was off the chain today.  Just so happens I also got observed for my semester evaluation... oh well welcome to Autism... everything unexpected.  During my evaluation my student asked for a drink so I let him go to the classroom water fountain and get some water.  When I told him water was all finished and it was time to read again he kindly spit a mouth full of water all over the wall and floor.  Wonderful!  So I said "clean up." What I forgot was he loves to clean up water more than anything in this world.  So at the end of it all he was ultimately reinforced.. I lost that battle.  My day got even better when I got bit.  I did not give him a reaction though like he wanted so he proceeded to start spitting on me.  I guess he thought I needed a second bath.  At the end of the day you just got to look back, laugh, and pray that tomorrow is a better day.  While I was having this kind of day my wonderful husband was sleeping in, taking naps, and eating ice cream for lunch... it must be nice working for yourself and having Mondays off.  I love the eventfulness of my job and no matter how hard it is some days, I would not trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment