Monday, February 14, 2011

13.1 with Team413

On Feb.13 I ran my second 1/2 marathon in the Mercedes 1/2. I ran for team 4:13.. I ran wearing a shirt stating "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13. Although it was just a shirt the verse really spoke to me around mike 10 when my feet hurt so that they were numb and it was tough to just keep running. The verse helped me preserver and push though. Not only did it help me, but I had other runners thanking me for wearing such an inspiring shirt. Other inspiration came from the constant pictures of special needs babies hanging from Bell Center shirts worn by those running on the Bell Center Team. These pictures reminded us all that we were not just there to run for ourselves or set a record, we were there to raise money for a wonderful organization that reaches those with special needs and there families. It is now the night after the race and I can feel the pain. I feel like an old woman and my knee hurts more than it ever has. Although there is pain, I am ready for another. Running is addicting. The since of accomplishment and freedom it gives you is unlike anything else. Whether running or not, I Truely believe I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment