Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Life of a Boat Man's Wife

Today my Mom pointed out to me that this is how it is going to be from now on... husbandless on a Saturday.  I am realizing what exactly it means to be the wife of a boat salesmen.  It means that your husband will work long hours, do anything to please a customer, park boats all around your house- in the yard/ on the street, have a cell phone that rings constantly, only have vacation time in the off season, and, my least favorite of all work on Saturdays.  While it kills me that we will never be able to enjoy sleeping in on Saturdays together or hanging out, I must say I am able to get a lot of my stuff done while he is working.  Most Saturdays consist of running, bathing the dogs, doing laundry, and working on stuff for school.  And if you have not heard... teachers always have a lot of take home work.  No matter how hard I try to get ahead I am always finding something else I should be doing.  Today consisted of writing an IEP and behavior plan.  The joy and glory of being a special ed. teacher.  Here is just one of the many boats at Skier's Marine North and one of the many that will park in front of my house and keep my husband busy working on Saturday.
Chad and I find it very scary how much money that I spend on my four students.  I am going to have to change before I have kids of my own because if not they will be spoiled rotten.  I do not intentionally spend money, but it is hard to pass up a good sensory toy, something fun for the the sensory bin, a cute art activity, or just a special surprise.  I also have to keep my snack cabinet stocked to prevent the melt downs of no juice or yummy snack.  I will do anything to prevent a meltdown.  What is even scarier is that my Mom is now on sensory toy lookout and now will return from walmart on many occasions with treats for my kids.  Yesterday she bought a sensory toy and Valentine treats for my treasure chest.  It is funny that my family now thinks in sensory world :)



No comments:

Post a Comment