Saturday, February 19, 2011

It Is Official I Now Reside In Cullman

That is right... Chad and I have officially moved.  As of last night at 10:00 we were officially residents of Cullman.  Although I am happy to now be living with Chad during the week, I am going to miss the conveniences of 280 living and I can sure tell you that Chad and I do not fit in with the neighbors.  On the bright side, it is so beautiful to wake up to Smith Lake.  It brings a since of peace over you.  I am looking forward to the days being longer and being able to come home and sit out on the pier, wakeboard, play with the dogs and just enjoy the lake. 

Today I am writing you from Skiers Marine North... Chad has left me in charge to hold down the fort.  This is a very scary thing.  Thank goodness the only person that has come by thus far has been a very scary truck driver delivering a boat.  I say he is very scary because he snuck in the back door and scared the daylights out of me.  I was not expecting someone to enter from the back.  So today I am working on a Saturday and fulfilling my good boat wife duties.  I love it here in Athens.. the farm land is beautiful and I almost feel like I am on vacation seeing the TN river. 

Last week I had a birthday party for one of my students.  I asked him what kind of cake he wanted me to make him and he said "no need no need.  You go to walmart and it is the one with the sprinkles."  I laughed and said "what kind?"  he said "white cake and white icing."  So I got him just what he ordered.  Wed. afternoon we put on birthday hats, sang happy birthday, and eat walmart cake.  It was grand and his face was priceless.  He said "Mrs. Tyler this is the best birthday ever!"  It is little things like this that make me love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment