Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Door Was Opened and So We Begin a New Chapter

It has been awhile since I have written in this thing and a lot has happened since then.  Things have literally been crazy.. Chad and I feel like we have been through a whirlwind.  We have been on the road a lot and it seems that we practically live out of a suit case.  Most recently, we have been anxiously waiting to see what would happen with my job and finding a place in Cullman to rent.  We found a place to rent and were so excited.  We were set to sign the lease and then got a call from the owner saying she no longer wanted to rent to us.  I was so upset and became even more frustrated when Chad called all of the reality companies in Cullman only to hear no one had rental houses.  The following Monday Chad and I went to the school to start setting up my classroom.  As we were setting it up, I got a call from a school in North Alabama wanting me to come and interview.  That put a damper on setting up my classroom and I became very confused on life.  I went to the interview that week and was offered a dream job.  I will be teaching Pre-K special education.  I had to take the job, it was a dream position.  Furthermore, taking a job in North Alabama meant that Chad and I could move closer to Skiers Marine North and our overall quality of living would improve.  Chad and I would spend easily 800 dollars a month on gas last school year.   We are so excited about moving and thankful that we will be leaving Cullman.  As far as leaving Pinson goes I am sad to leave the Unit and all my spectrum kids.  I am most sad to leave all the friends I have made.  I would not have been able to have made it without all of the love and support of you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment